Proteas Women’s batter Lizelle Lee is celebrating her birthday today. To celebrate the day of her birth we are sharing a few fun facts about the star player with you.
- Lizelle Lee made her Women’s One Day International debut with the Proteas Women’s national team on the 20th September 2013. Since then she has played 73 WODIs for the team.
- In May 2018, during the series against Bangladesh, Lizelle Lee became the third player for the Proteas Women to score 2,000 runs in WODIs.
- Lizelle Lee played her only Women’s Test match starting on the 16th November 2014 against India.
- Lizelle Lee has, to date, played 57 T20 International matches scoring 1165 runs for the Proteas ladies.
- Afrikaans singer Juanita du Plessis is one of Lizelle’s favourite singers.
- Lizelle Lee’s all-time hero is former Proteas’ cricketer Lance Klusener. She just loves the way he batted and bowled.
Happy Birthday, Lizelle! We hope you have an amazing day and a great year ahead!