Proteas’ netball player Karla Pretorius (née Mostert) is celebrating her 29th birthday today. We though we’d share some fun facts about the star player with you to celebrate the day of her birth.
- Karla Pretorius plays in the positions of Goal Defence and Wing Defence.
- Karla Pretorius captained the Free State Criniums Netball team who won the 2015 Brutal Fruit Première League.
- When she’s not on the netball court, Karla works as a dietician in Bloemfontein.
- Karla Pretorius currently plays for Australian team Sunshine Coast Lightning in the Australian Super Netball League. She has won back-to-back premierships with the club – in 2017 and in 2018.
- Karla Pretorius shared the club’s Player of the Year award in 2018 with her teammate Stephanie Wood.
- Karla attended Laerskool Hennopspark and Hoërskool Zwartkop. Both schools are in Centurion, Pretoria.
- Pretorius regards representing South Africa in major events like the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and the 2015 World Championships in Sydney as her greatest moments in her netball career so far.
- Karla loves road tripping in her free time. “Visiting any small town in South Africa. I like to explore new places as often as possible.”
Happy birthday, Karla!!