Proteas’s wicket-keeper batsman Heinrich Klaasen is celebrating his 28th birthday today. To celebrate the star player’s day we are sharing some fun facts about the man.
- Heinrich Klaasen made his ODI debut for the Proteas on the 7th February 2018 against India. He made his T20 International debut on the 18th February 2018 also against India.
- Klaasen earned his first international Man of the Match award during his second ODI match, in the fourth ODI of South Africa’s home series against India, when he scored a match-winning 43 runs off 27 balls.
- On 21 February, Heinrich Klaasen scored his maiden T20I fifty during the 2nd T20 International against India. South Africa won that match by 6 wickets. Klaasen was named as the Man of the Match for his 69 runs from 30 balls.
- Heinrich Klaasen has to date represented South Africa in 14 ODIs and 8 T20 Internationals.
- Klaasen plays for the South African franchise the Titans. At this year’s IPL he played for the Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Happy Birthday, Heinrich! We wish you a very successful year ahead!
For more on other Proteas cricketers see below: