Rugby World Cup winning Springbok Franco Mostert is celebrating his 29th birthday today. To celebrate the day of his birth, we are sharing some fun facts about the player with you.
- Franco Mostert was born in Welkom in the Free State. He attended Brits High School. After this, he enrolled at the University of Pretoria.
- Franco is a big man standing at 1,98m tall and weighing 112kgs.
- Mostert joined the Golden Lions f or the 2013 season. Unfortunately he was seriously injured in a car crash shortly after joining the team, which ruled him out of action until the end of 2013. He made a full recovery and was included in the Lions squad for the 2014 Super rugby season. He made his debut for the Lions in a 21–20 win over the Cheetahs in Bloemfontein.
- Franco Mostert made his Springbok debut in 2016 against Ireland in Johannesburg.
- Mostert is known for his massive work-rate and his strength in the lineout.
- Mostert currently plays for Gloucester Rugby in England under former Lions coach Johan Ackermann.
- Franco has two beautiful daughters with his wife Juan-Ri.
- Franco Mostert is nicknamed “sous” by his teammates in reference to his surname.
Happy Birthday, Franco! We wish you everything of the very best for the year ahead!