Proteas batsman David Miller is celebrating his 30th birthday today! To celebrate is milestone birthday we are sharing some fun facts about the star player with you.
- David Miller’s nickname “Killer Miller” came after a brilliant innings of 101 not out off 38 deliveries for the Kings XI Punjab against the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the 2013 IPL. Miller punished the Royal Challengers Bangalore’s bowlers, taking Kings XI Punjab to a final-over win from a seemingly hopeless situation.
- Miller made his T20 International debut for South Africa against the West Indies in 2010. Coming in at No. 6, Miller scored 33 runs off 26 balls in a low-scoring thriller as South Africa beat the West Indies by just one run! Miller was one of only two batsmen to score over 30 runs in the match.
- During his school days, along with cricket, David Miller also played tennis, hockey and squash.
- In the semi-finals of the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy David Miller together with Rory Kleinveldt set the record for the highest 9th wicket partnership in the ICC Champions Trophy history with a partnership of 95 runs.
- David Miller was one of South Africa’s top performers at the 2015 Cricket World Cup. He scored 324 runs at an average of 65 and a strike rate of 139 during the tournament.
- During the 2015 Cricket World Cup, David Miller together with JP Duminy set the record for the highest 5th wicket partnership in One Day International history as well as in Cricket World Cup history. They scored 256 runs not out for the 5th wicket partnership whilst playing against Zimbabwe.
We need “Killer Miller” to show his powers today in the Proteas’ vital match against the West Indies at the World Cup. Let’s hope David Miller’s milestone birthday brings a ton of confidence, brilliance and luck to the Proteas team today!