World Cup winning Springbok scrum-half Cobus Reinach is celebrating his 30th birthday today! To celebrate the day of his birth, we are sharing some fun facts about the rugby hero with you.
- Cobus Reinach attended the famous rugby school Grey College in Bloemfontein.
- Cobus is the son of former Springbok wing Jaco Reinach. Jaco Reinach played 4 test matches for the Springboks in 1986 scoring two tries.
- Cobus Reinach made his Springbok debut in the second-half during the Springboks’ 28-10 win over Australia in Cape Town on 27 September 2014. He played a big role in the Boks bonus point try scored by Jean de Villiers in the final minute of the match.
- During the Springboks’ 2019 Rugby World Cup campaign, Reinach scored a hat-tick of tries in 11 minutes during the boks’ 66-7 win over Canada – the fastest hat-trick in Rugby World Cup History.
- To date Cobus Reinach represented South Africa 14 times. He has scored 6 tries for the Springboks – 3 against Canada, 1 against Australia, 1 against Italy and 1 against England.