Springbok fullback Warrick Gelant is celebrating his 25th birthday today! To celebrate the rugby hero’s birthday we are sharing some fun facts about the man with you.
- Warrick Gelant comes from Knysna in the Western Cape.
- Gelant made his debut for the Springboks against Italy on 25 November 2017.
- Warrick Gelant has played for the Springboks 9 times scoring 3 tries for his country.
- Warrick got the attention of the provincial selectors as early as primary school level, when he was selected to represent South Western Districts at the Under-13 Craven Week tournament in 2008.
- He also represented South Western Districts at the 2013 Craven Week. His performances at Craven Week that year lead him to being named in the SA Schools squad.
- Warrick Gelant has represented the Bulls 46 times in the Super Rugby competition, scoring 15 tries for his team.
- Gelant top scored with 10 tries for the Bulls in the 2017 Curry Cup. By doing so he earned a call-up to the Springbok squad for the November European Tour.
- Warrick Gelant was a member of the squad that went to the 2015 World Rugby Under-20 Championship. The team were unfortunately defeated by England in the semi-final. They however won the 3rd place play-off match against France winning a bronze medal.
- Gelant was a member of the Springbok squad that won the 2019 Rugby Championship and the 2019 Rugby World Cup.
Happy Birthday, Warrick, from the people team.