Priyanka Chopra denies reports she visited Meghan Markle and new baby Archie

Priyanka Chopra has denied reports she visited Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and her newborn baby Archie while in London.

On Friday (31May19), the Quantico actress shut down claims made by U.K. newspaper The Sun that she had mended her “broken” friendship with Meghan by bringing the new royal some Tiffany jewels.

While acknowledging that the expensive gifts would’ve been a “great idea,” Priyanka explained that she was only in London for work and slammed the source who allegedly gave false information to the outlet.

Advertisement

“While these are great gift ideas… this story is untrue, and I was actually in town for work,” the 36-year-old wrote on Twitter, before adding, “I hope whoever this ‘source’ is starts checking their facts more often.”

The Baywatch star previously defended her friendship with the former Suits actress back in March (19), after Priyanka was missing from the star-studded guest list at the Duchess of Sussex’s baby shower in New York.

While appearing on an episode of Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, she was asked if she was upset with Meghan for skipping her opulent wedding to Nick Jonas back in December (18).

“They said you didn’t go to her baby shower because you were p**sed at her!” Andy quipped.

“Oh my god. No, it’s not true,” Priyanka replied.

Their friendship dates back to 2016, when the two met at the ELLE Women in Television dinner. “We bonded as actors,” Priyanka told People. “We just became friends, like two girls would.”

The actress was also one of the many stars who attended Meghan and Prince Harry’s nuptials back in May last year, alongside Idris Elba, Orpah Winfrey and George and Amal Clooney.

Advertisement