THE famous beauty turns 35 today! With four albums under her belt, this child of destiny is a survivor, and she certainly hasn’t shown signs of stopping anytime soon. Here are a few things about the beauty you may not have known.
• HER full name is Kelendria Trene Rowland.
• KELLY rose to fame in the late 1990s as a member of Destiny’s Child, one of the world’s best-selling girl groups of all time
• SHE was a judge on the UK version of The X Factor, but was later replaced by Nicole Scherzinger.
• ROWLAND has said that Whitney Houston and Janet Jackson were her biggest musical influences.
• HER first acting gig was on the hit ABC sitcom The Hughleys.
• SHE has said that she went under the knife to get her breasts enlarged from an A cup to a B cup.
• KELLY visited projects in Tanzania and Kenya to promote charity, and underwent an HIV test in Africa to raise awareness of the disease.