- Eben Etzebeth made his debut for the Springboks against England in June 2012. Amazingly, he debuted for South Africa before he had played any Vodacom Cup or Currie Cup rugby for Western Province!
- He made his Super Rugby debut for the Stormers on February 25, 2012 against the Hurricanes.
- Because he’d achieved so much in rugby, he was named the 2012 SARU Young Player of the Year.
- Etzebeth has very impressive upper body strength. He is able to bench press 175kg and he can perform incline dumbbell chest presses with 79 kg dumbbells.
- Etzebeth was named captain of the Springboks for the 2017 Rugby Championship, after regular captain Warren Whiteley was ruled out of the championship due to injury. Etzebeth will also captain the squad during their European tour at the end of this year due to Whiteley’s still being unable to play.
- He has played 80 minutes of every test so far in 2017.
- He enjoys a scrumptious rack of spare ribs.
- Eben’s childhood heroes were Springbok rugby player Bobby Skinstad and All Blacks rugby player Jonah Lomu.
Happy birthday, Eben! We hope your day is amazing! We hope you have a very successful and enjoyable year ahead!