Bafana Bafana centre back Bongani Khumalo is celebrating his 32nd birthday today. Let’s join him in celebrating his birthday by taking a look at some fun facts about the star player.
- Bongani Khumalo was born in Manzini, Swaziland, but his family moved to Pretoria, South Africa when he was a baby.
- Bongani is an only child. His father was a language lecturer at the University of South Africa (UNISA) and his mother was a teacher.
- Khumalo has captained Bafana Bafana. He was named as the captain of South Africa for the 2013 African Cup of Nations.
- Bongani Khumalo has played for 6 European clubs over 5 years during his career – Tottenham Hotspur, Preston North End, Reading, PAOK FC, Doncaster Rovers and Colchester United.
- Khumalo won 3 PSL titles in 3 years with SuperSport United between 2007 and 2010.
- Bongani Khumalo has played for Bafana Bafana 42 times, scoring 1 goal for the national team.
Happy Birthday, Bongani! We hope you have a successful 2019!