Harriet Manamela is a South African actress who currently plays the character of Meikie Maputla, a no-nonsense mother to Thabo and Leeto Maputla and wife to John Maputla, on SABC 1’s popular educational soapie Skeem Saam. Her amazing talent in front of the camera continues to mesmerize South African television viewers and it’s only right that we celebrate this remarkable woman. Below we’ve compiled five interesting facts about her.
- Her television debut began in the year 1998 in the popular educational drama series, Soul City.
- She was born in Diepkloof and matriculated from Anothony’s Centre in Boksburg.
- The films that she’s featured in include, Dr Lucille, Hijack Stories, Yesterday and recently VAYA alongside the likes of Warren Masemola.
- Harriet scooped a SAFTA for Best Supporting Actress in 2012 for her role in the film Life Above All.
- In 2013, she was on ETV’s Rhythm City, playing the role of Nomzamo, Suffocate’s mother who had been struggling with an alcohol addiction for years.