Mzansi’s leading lady and award-winning actress Terry Pheto is well-travelled, extremely intelligent and has a wicked sense of humour. We love her honesty, warmth and humility. We recently caught up with the local beauty who’s making HUGE international waves in a light-hearted chat, where we got to know her a little better. Allow Terry to welcome you into her world…
- I love locally produced content! South Africans have a unique sense of humour.
- I’ve realised that I’m a woman in my 30s and you’ve got to love the body that you’re in, otherwise you’ll be frustrated and nobody’s got time for that!
- I have no attachments to hair whatsoever. I experiment with my hair all the time and I wear wigs too. It’s my crown and I can polish it and accessorise it however.
- I love New York, Paris and London but India was a place where I did not know what to expect. It was incredible to see the poorest of the poor and the richest of the rich living together. There is so much zen within all that chaos… it was a culture shock.
- I don’t drink soft drinks or cocktails. I drink sparkling water and I love my wine.
- I’ll pick a musical over a horror movie any day! I don’t like being scared or fearing for my life – even if it’s just a movie.
- I love sales; I’m cheap like that!
- I can’t resist good chocolate…it’s my weakness.
- I love beautiful things, beautiful people, a beautiful life and being surrounded by beauty. There’s beauty in everything.
- I drink strong black coffee with no sugar.
- I try to stay away from sugar.
- I love a fine dining experience.
- I love my food.
Can’t get enough of Terry Pheto? We don’t blame you. Keep up with the leading lady on social media.