Mzansi actress Michaella Russell opened up to us about herself in a recent heartwarming chat. Allow the local actress, presenter and yoga influencer to usher you into her world:
1. I am petrified of caterpillars, as pathetic as this sounds the little guys have sought me out my whole life, making nests in my clothing as a child and surprising me when I pulled on my favorite top only to find that I had what looked like 10 additional lumps in my chest area where there should only have been two.
2. I’m allergic to pineapple, I blow up like a puffer-fish.
3. I grew up on a plot climbing trees and collecting fresh eggs for the delicious baked treats that gran and I would whip up for lunch.
4. I have a massive pig called Dobby? Why Dobby you ask? Well, my sister and I were inspired by the Harry Potter character Dobby who required a personal item of his master’s to be set free, said item was a sock and our little piglet had a love for socks stealing any unprotected pair in sight.
5. My sister and I come from a musical background, my uncle is a jazz guitarist and before I started acting I would merrily duet with my sister whenever we popped next-door to visit my uncle for a cheeky jazz session.
6. Neither my sister or myself were conceived naturally, we were created with the aid of science and IVF treatment (#testtubebabylife)
7. I was born two months premature covered in fur and looked an awful lot like a hairy little man, mercifully it all fell out within days, however, I had to stay in hospital in an incubator for a month before I was strong enough to breathe on my own.
8. My first performance was on stage at the tender age of eight or nine, cant quite remember, where I, a tiny, scrawny little thing, played Hagrid the giant from Harry Potter. I memorised all of the lines from the original Harry Potter script and put on a surprisingly accurate Welsh accent while wearing a strange costume that I had to climb inside. All dressed up, I was 6 foot 2, a very heavy, oven of a get-up.
9. On a more serious note, I struggled with an eating disorder from the age of 15 until the age of 22, the only reason I am healthy and recovered today is due to God’s love and intervention, I never felt worthy of God’s love during that dark time in my life, and as a result, never turned to him for help until one fateful day I broke down and begged for his assistance. Overnight my world changed, it was a miracle, I woke up with a new lease on life and free of the demons that had plagued me for the best part of a decade.
10. I am currently training for an American feature film called Next Assignment Code Blue where I play a highly trained secret agent, I’ve had the pleasure of training extensively in the past few months for the role in everything from MMA to advanced gun handling.
11. I create all the artwork in my home, from charcoal sketches to oil paintings a gift I inherited from my father and his father before him.
12. My father was a fighter-jet pilot, he is one of the few people in the world that survived a crash landing which fractured his spine and destroyed a year’s worth of memory for him due to the brain damage, he miraculously survived and still has the crushed helmet today.
13. I am hyper-flexible (double-jointed) I can pull my legs over my head and place a pair of glasses on my face using my feet, I can even scratch my chin with my toes, a favorite party trick!
Fascinated by the alluring Miss Russell? We don’t blame you. Keep up with the talented and beautiful Michaella on social media.