Start Eating Garlic!
Before you freak out, we know it leaves you with garlicky breathe… but surely some teeth brushing or a mint is all worth the health benefits you’re getting from eating garlic, right?
- It prevents cancer: According to the National Cancer Institute, ‘garlic’s protective effects are thanks to its antibacterial properties and an ability to block the formation and activation of cancer-causing substances’. However experts so reveal that the health benefits of garlic, cooked or raw, are only experienced when the clove has been crushed.
- It gives you glowing skin: garlicky breath, yes, but gorgeous skin too. According to experts, it slows down collagen reduction and loss of skin elasticity and defends your skin from free radicals.
- Helps beat colds and flu: A study published in the journal Advances In Therapyfound that ‘a daily garlic intake can reduce the number of colds by 63% percent, with the length of cold symptoms reduced to 70 percent’.
- Reduces high blood pressure: Experts reveal that the active compounds in garlic can reduce blood pressure.
- Prevents heart disease: Doctors recommend eating garlic daily — or as often as possible — as it helps lower cholesterol levels, in turn preventing heart disease. According to all4women.co.za, a study published in the journal Annals Of Internal Medicinefound the effect of garlic on total cholesterol in people with elevated levels, moderately reduced cholesterol.
- Pumps up your performance: It reportedly increases exercise capacity and reduces exercise-induced fatigue.
Welcome to People magazine's online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we're creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.