Get your eating habits back on track
By Angela Bekiaris
The festive season is practically over, which means it’s time to get back into a routine of eating healthily. But it can be harder than expected, which is why we are here to help you. Follow these simple tips to lose the extra kilo or two you gained, or just to feel less bloated and back to your usual self.
* Start each day with a healthy breakfast
* Pack a healthy lunch for work, with healthy snacks
* Give away all left over food or cake
* Fill up on fruits and vegetables
* Enjoy salads for lunch and dinner
* Detox with some delicious green smoothies daily
* Keep a bottle of water with you at all times and keep filling it up
* Try to avoid eating out for a while
* Control your portions – the festivities are over
* Don’t cut out food groups, but do cut back in general
* Fill up with fibre-rich foods
* Re-hydrate – flush out all those toxins
Don’t Jump On The Scale
For some, the scale is the easiest way to keep track of your weight. However, it’s not the best idea to jump back on the minute you get home from your vacation. Give yourself a few days to make some changes and get back into a routine before weighing yourself and feeling depressed. You know you overate, now do something about it!
Welcome to People magazine's online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we're creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.