Foods for different moods
By Angela Bekiaris
We all love to turn to junk food when we’re feeling blue, but did you know there are certain foods and drinks which helps boost different moods? We share some fabulous ones, courtesy of Prevention.com, on how to use foods for different moods.
* Warm Water With Lemon For Distraction: Being dehydrated could lead to lack of concentration, say experts, who suggest squeezing some lemon juice into some warm water to aid with the problem.
* Chamomile Tea For When You’re Stressed: According to Prevention.com, studies have shown that chamomile tea eases anxiety and irritability.
* Greek Yoghurt For When You’re Feeling Blue: Not only is it delicious and great for weight loss, but it will help you when you’re feeling a little down, too. The protein in Greek yogurt increases levels of mood-boosting neurotransmitters, say experts.
* Chai Tea For Frustration: Prevention.com says chai tea contains a variety of comforting spices like cinnamon, and according to a 2009 study, ‘even the smell of cinnamon can lead to increased feelings of alertness and decreased frustration’.
* Green Tea For When You’re Exhausted: Next time you’re feeling tired, have a cuppa. Experts say ‘this ancient brew contains L-theanine, an amino acid that increases alpha brain waves (similar to what happens when you meditate)’.
Welcome to People magazine's online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we're creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.