Health risks of Obesity
By Angela Bekiaris
What is considered obese, you ask? When you weigh at least 20 percent more than what is considered a normal weight for your height. If you are obese you have a higher risk of developing the following conditions:
* Heart disease and stroke
* High blood pressure
* Some cancers
* Breathing problems such as sleep apnoea
10 way to control your eating habits
IT’S hard to eat healthy all the time, but what’s important to bear in mind is that healthy eating is a lifestyle. Forget diets… Follow the following tips to stay in control and in amazing shape.
1. Avoid any triggers: Cravings and weaknesses need to be monitored.
2. Kiss temptation goodbye: Focus on that willpower, and keep all bad foods out of the house. Out of sight, out of mind, right?
3. Enjoy some nuts: We say ‘some’ because everything should be enjoyed in moderation — nuts, too. Stick to unsalted and watch your portions.
4. H2O: Yes, we want you to drink eight glasses of water a day.
5. Skip that latte: You don’t need to cut the calories on your plate and then start drinking them. If you must have one, stick to low-fat milk and no added sugar.
6. Take a power nap: when we are tired or have no energy we snack. So take a nap if you need one. It could prevent a binge.
7. Brush those pearly whites: When your mouth is clean and fresh you’re less likely to eat for a while, say experts.
8. Distract yourself when you’re feeling peckish or need something sweet: Sometimes all you need is to quench your thirst. And if not, have healthy snacks on hand or hit the gym to distract yourself from the bad thoughts.
9. Indulge every now and again: This will help with cravings. But remember not to overdo it or make it a habit again.
10. Plan each day: A healthy day is a well planned out one from breakfast to dinner.
Smart Ways To Motivate Yourself To Exercise
1. Wash your hair only on days you work out
2. Put on workout clothes
3. Remember why you started exercising in the first place
4. Think about how you feel when you skip a workout
5. Sign up for classes you won’t want to cancel as they’re paid for in advance
6. Try group fitness
7. Find a motivating and dedicated fitness buddy
8. Enjoy the balance of exercise and healthy eating
9. Do it for the selfies
10. Set small goals for yourself
11. Do it for the medal
12. Compete with anyone and everyone
DID YOU KNOW?
Personal trainers are not just there for Hollywood stars. Personal trainers exist for a reason — to help you achieve your goals, and help you do so correctly. A good trainer will also help you work at your pace and help with any past injuries.
Share your thoughts on this post
Welcome to People magazine's online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we're creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.