Have Better Baby-Making Sperm
It’s not just mom who needs to worry about falling pregnant. Dad has a big role in the process too.
- Check your weight: Being underweight or overweight can have negative effects as it will affect a man’s libido and performance. Eat healthy and maintain a healthy weight.
- Get more folate: Folic ace is just as important for the dad-to-be as the mom-to-be, say experts.
- Stop smoking: Smoking causing low sperm counts and slow-moving sperm, reports com, so quit if you and your wife are trying to fall pregnant.
- Kiss beer goodbye: Okay, maybe not totally but it’s time to start limiting your alcohol intake if you want to welcome a baby any time soon.
- Have your annual check-ups: It’s important to visit the doctor’s rooms, and have annual blood tests to make sure you’re in good shape.
- Cut down on caffeine: According to a Danish study, sperm count and sperm concentration were slightly reduced in men who had a high soda and/or caffeine intake.
- De-stress: Blow off some steam, say experts. Get rid of all your tension and find time to relax… your lady will thank you.
- Keep your body temperature cool: The testicles need to stay cool, say experts, who explain that when they overheat it can interfere with sperm production.