Have Better Baby-Making Sperm
It’s not just mom who needs to worry about falling pregnant. Dad has a big role in the process too.
- Check your weight: Being underweight or overweight can have negative effects as it will affect a man’s libido and performance. Eat healthy and maintain a healthy weight.
- Get more folate: Folic ace is just as important for the dad-to-be as the mom-to-be, say experts.
- Stop smoking: Smoking causing low sperm counts and slow-moving sperm, reports com, so quit if you and your wife are trying to fall pregnant.
- Kiss beer goodbye: Okay, maybe not totally but it’s time to start limiting your alcohol intake if you want to welcome a baby any time soon.
- Have your annual check-ups: It’s important to visit the doctor’s rooms, and have annual blood tests to make sure you’re in good shape.
- Cut down on caffeine: According to a Danish study, sperm count and sperm concentration were slightly reduced in men who had a high soda and/or caffeine intake.
- De-stress: Blow off some steam, say experts. Get rid of all your tension and find time to relax… your lady will thank you.
- Keep your body temperature cool: The testicles need to stay cool, say experts, who explain that when they overheat it can interfere with sperm production.
Welcome to People magazine's online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we're creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.