Get Exercise Active With Your Kids
nhs.uk shares some great exercise ideas to keep your kids active, and in turn healthy. Don’t let them think exercise is a chore, rather the best way to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Walk or cycle to school — if you’re in a safe area, and accompanied by an adult, of course.
- Do fun activities like rollerskating or rollerblading, ice skating or riding on scooters. No matter what age, they love those kinds of activities.
- Take the dog for a walk with the kids and enjoy the outdoors, get some vitamin D and catch up on their weekly news.
- Support kids in sports, clubs or activities they enjoy and motivate them to commit to a team or exercise they enjoy.
- Over the weekend, enjoy some time in the park or beach (if you’re lucky enough to live close by), playing volleyball, soccer, flying a kite etc.
- Swim — whether it be at home, at a friend or at a country club, swimming is one of the best forms of exercise. The entire body will benefit.
- Make holiday time a beach holiday if you can and let then run on the sand, swim in the ocean and the itinerary totally activity-based.
Did You Know?
Physical activity helps children grow strong bones and maintain a healthy weight.
Apart from keeping their health an weight in check, physical activity helps improve self-confidence.