Get Exercise Active With Your Kids
nhs.uk shares some great exercise ideas to keep your kids active, and in turn healthy. Don’t let them think exercise is a chore, rather the best way to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Walk or cycle to school — if you’re in a safe area, and accompanied by an adult, of course.
- Do fun activities like rollerskating or rollerblading, ice skating or riding on scooters. No matter what age, they love those kinds of activities.
- Take the dog for a walk with the kids and enjoy the outdoors, get some vitamin D and catch up on their weekly news.
- Support kids in sports, clubs or activities they enjoy and motivate them to commit to a team or exercise they enjoy.
- Over the weekend, enjoy some time in the park or beach (if you’re lucky enough to live close by), playing volleyball, soccer, flying a kite etc.
- Swim — whether it be at home, at a friend or at a country club, swimming is one of the best forms of exercise. The entire body will benefit.
- Make holiday time a beach holiday if you can and let then run on the sand, swim in the ocean and the itinerary totally activity-based.
Did You Know?
Physical activity helps children grow strong bones and maintain a healthy weight.
Apart from keeping their health an weight in check, physical activity helps improve self-confidence.
Welcome to People magazine's online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we're creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.