Dress To Impress With Francois Louw
If there’s two things we love, it’s men with good taste in clothes and men who know how to present themselves, and who better to represent that exact image than Beauty & Image Specialist, Francois Louw.When asked ‘Who is Francois Louw?’ he responds by saying, “Francois is passionate about the beauty industry and how it can help people enhance their image and confidence. Francois’ natural flair for beauty and open, friendly personality allows him to connect with people everywhere he goes.”
We asked Francois for some advice when it comes to achieving your goals in the fashion and beauty industry. This is what he had to say:
- Groom yourself. This is one of my secrets. Put everything down and go to a salon. It does not matter if it is to do your hair, to have a facial or just a pedicure, it will make you feel better immediately. There have been days when I turned my mood around completely with this one little thing.
- Dress well. If you are well-suited, you’ll feel good about yourself. You’ll feel successful, respectable and ready to tackle the world. Dressing well means something different for everyone, it doesn’t automatically mean wearing an expensive outfit, but could mean casual clothes that are nice looking and modest.
- Stand tall. The moment I remind myself to stand tall and straight, I feel better about myself. I envisage that a rope is pulling the top of my head toward the sky, and the rest of my body straightens as a result. People who stand tall and confident are more attractive. That’s a superior entity in my book any day.
- Be appreciative. Anyone who knows me for a long time knows that I’m a firm believer in appreciation. But I put it here because while being grateful for what you have in life, for what others have given you, is a very humble activity. It can also be a positive and rewarding exercise that will improve your self-image. Appreciate the advice you’re given. I believe that beauty has many different elements and in order to be an expert on Image, you need to understand and be well trained on all of them. Fashion is a small element when it comes to one’s image, and that is why my style is different in this ‘game’. I have knowledge on all of these facets.
- Take action, act positive. Confidence is Key! More than just thinking positive, you have to put it into action. Action, actually, is the key to developing self-confidence. It’s one thing to learn to think positively, but when you start acting on it, you change yourself, one action at a time. Act in a positive way, take action instead of telling yourself you can’t be positive. Talk to individuals in an optimistic way, put energy into your actions. You’ll soon start to notice a remarkable difference.
“When it comes to my own style, I am always dressed as if I am attending the next event meeting or interview. I believe that looking the part plays an important role in my industry and can never have an ‘off day’.” Says Francois.FOLLOW HIS JOURNEY:
Welcome to People magazine's online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we're creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.