Your Beauty Carry-On Made Easy
FLYING puts massive stress on your skin and trying to look good while travelling is also stressful, so here are a few tips to make your next trip smooth sailing (or should we say flying) and keep your skin looking perfect.
- First and foremost dose up on vitamins before flying, there may be someone on the plane who is sick and their germs will be circulating.
Immunace one-a-day synergistic antioxidant vitamin & mineral tablets: R149, Vitabiotics
- For comfort pack a travel pillow or your own pillow.
- Make sure your skin care products are in the correct sized containers if you are travelling internationally.
Facial Starter Kit: R43.44, African Extracts Rooibos
- Try and get some beauty sleep – pack an eye mask .
- Before leaving home and arriving at the airport use a serum under your moisturiser to help lock in moisture.
Vitamin E Therapy Serum: R615, Biomedical Emporium
- Apply moisturiser as your skin does not get a great deal of oxygen while flying and use an eye serum. On a long haul flight you might want to re-apply your moisturiser .
- Use a moisturiser that has Hyaluronic acid in it – it reduces water loss.
Dermal Repair: R385, DermaFix
- Look after your lips too – pop in a lip balm.
Balmy Kiss Moisturizing Lip Care: R29.95, Essence
- Drink Lots of Water – It is essential to stay hydrated.
- Even though you are on a plane you still need SPF especially if you are in a window seat.
Skin Protect SPF30: R310, SkinPhD
- Wear a minimum amount of make-up for long haul flights and if you’re brave enough, remove your make up in the evening.
- Pack wet wipes or a hand sanitizer – keep your hands clean as you are constantly touching items and then your skin.
Eco-Care Make-Up Remover Facial Wipes: R24.99, Cherubs
- Wear a head scarf to keep your hair from getting tangled and messy.
Satin Scarves: R349.95, Pylones
- Use deodorant, nothing worse than a smelly passenger.
- And remember to brush your teeth.
- If you haven’t been able to sleep and have watched endless movies, then eye creams and eye drops are very handy to soothe eyes.
- Pack a mini hair brush or tangle teezer.
Compact Styler: R290, Tangle Teezer
Share your thoughts on this post
Welcome to People magazine's online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we're creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.