Happy Birthday Warren Masemola!
Mzansi-born-and-bred seasoned actor Warren Masemola is a man of many talents. His versatility as an actor, being able to portray a thug in one thing and effortlessly shift gears to become gay in another, is astounding. Today, we celebrate the award-winning local star and salute his art and craft. In honour of this legend, we share some interesting facts about him.
• Warren was born on May 18, 1983 in Ga-Rankuwa. (Yes, you read that right, not Limpopo)
• He grew up in Soshanguve.
• Warren was diagnosed with alopecia at the tender age six and as a result has been bald all his life. “Not having hair used to be an issue when I was younger but I’ve long got over it.”
• His actual first name is very special to him. So much so that he would rather not use it due to people mispronouncing and misspelling it. “My first name is Montloana (a Ndebele name pronounced Mondlwana). I was named after my maternal grandfather. This is why I’d rather just be known as Warren.”
• Warren has bagged a Golden Horn Award for Best Supporting Actor in a TV Comedy for Ses’Top La in 2015
• Earlier this year, he snatched a Golden Horn Award for Best Supporting Actor in a TV Drama Series for Heist.
• Warren loves to travel and cycle. “I used to travel a lot while I did European theatre. My last big memorable trip was Paris in 2012. I love languages and believe the best way to learn them is through travelling.”
Sarafina, when you talk the way you talk My body temperature begins to rise Sarafina Sarafina, you’re the one Sarafina, when you walk the way you walk Perspiration commence to cover me Flowing down me body Sarafina, Sarafina, you’re the one (x2) [Repeat x2] Sarafina Sarafina, please don’t run away from me Love you, Sarafina I love you, Sarafina Sarafina (x7) Mama yo Sarafina, please don’t run away from me #Actor #Sarafina #MbongeniNgema
We at people mag would love to wish Warren the happiest birthday ever filled with loads of love, laughter and a lifetime of memories. Mr Masemola is GOAT and we absolutely love him! Keep up Warren with on social media.
Share your thoughts on this post
Welcome to People magazine's online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we're creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.