Celeb stylist Jawad is Shoprite’s First Ever Hair Ambassador
Multi-award winning salon owner and celebrity stylist Jawad Maphoto is Shoprite’s new hair ambassador.With everyday low prices on a wide range of hair extensions and accessories, hair care as well as styling products, Shoprite is the destination for consumers who wish to look good and feel great.
With 12 years’ industry experience, Maphoto regularly ensures that stars such as Boity Thulo, Dineo Moeketsi and Terry Pheto turn heads on the red carpet. “My clients tell me it’s important that they feel attractive and well groomed. When their hair looks good, they feel good and when they feel good, they feel confident!
To ensure good hair days galore in 2017, Jawad recommends getting back to basics by paying careful attention to how look after your hair:
- A healthy scalp is the foundation for strong, healthy hair so take good care of it with the new Head & Shoulders African Hair & Scalp Care range.
- To care for natural hair, use a moisture balance shampoo and conditioner twice a week. Apply a non-drip oil moisturising spray daily to enhance your hair’s natural shine and softness while maintaining its proper moisture balance and growth.
- To look after your weave, shampoo and condition it at least once every two weeks. Apply hair food to your scalp to nourish it and promote hair growth. A hair serum will help to avoid tangling. Straighten or blow-dry your weave for a natural shine.
- When relaxing fragile hair, use a moisture treatment two weeks beforehand followed by a protein treatment two weeks afterwards to strengthen hair. Also use a good oil moisturizer on a daily basis to maintain proper moisture balance.
- Braided hair will benefit from a braid spray or a light scalp treatment to maintain your hair’s health and moisture.
- Treat dry and brittle hair with a leave-in conditioner. Apply an oil sheen spray, as it will form a barrier between the hair follicles and the moisture in the atmosphere, protecting the hair against frizz.
Take a look at some of his celeb hair transformations:
“Last but not least, don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone in 2017,” says Shoprite’s new hair ambassador. “Try new looks, colours and trends. You may just be pleasantly surprised!”
Share your thoughts on this post
Welcome to People magazine's online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we're creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.